Who we are
Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand, partners with the world's leading universities to help companies bridge the digital skills gap. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top institutions to power boot camps that prepare today's workers for tomorrow's jobs.
Our programs have been in existence since October 2015, and since that first class, we've launched an additional 300 classes with 50+ university partnerships.
Are you an experienced industry professional who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Can you dedicate a minimum of one hour or up to 29 hours, weekly to assist student(s)? Then this may be the position for you!
We believe learning a new skill, in any of our programs, should be exciting and engaging â and that extends beyond the classroom.
Our Tutors support students enrolled in University Bootcamps across the globe(Columbia University, UC Berkeley, & Georgia Tech to name a few of our partners) in the following areas:
- Networking with packet analysis, wireshark, router and switch configuration
- Systems with Windows and Linux
- Cybersecurity with secure network design and architecture, vulnerability assessment, and cryptography
- Ethical Hack and Penetration with Kali Linux, Metasploit, or Burp Suite
- Programming and Scripting with Python Program and Bash Scripting
Check out the programs in more detail here.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 6 months of experience related to the program you wish to interview for
- Some familiarity with most or all of the program technologies listed above for your program of choice
What You Will Do:
- Tutors are assigned to support one or more students' learning for the duration of their course via slack and zoom support.
- Support ranges from code review, project preparation, constructive feedback and moral encouragement.
- Research and answer student questions
- Provide empathy, support, and encouragement while engaging students
- This is a remote part time position (W2 based employment)
- Tutors specify how many hours a week they will be available to tutor and they will be assigned students accordingly through a queuing system for assignments
- Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone / headset, and reliable internet access
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred
- Hone your own skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Gain access to thousands of tech professionals around the globe that make up our instructional staff network
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
- Paid Sick/Safe leave benefit
In Colorado, the anticipated hourly rate for this role is $20/hr. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidateâs assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.