Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
Build and deliver a secure production ready CI/CD solution for embedded edge devices, that allows the developers to deploy, update, rollback and monitor deployments via simple commands.
- Engage with SCW development team to understand and analyze how developers currently build and deploy Edge Device systems for Survail.
- Provide a Findings & Recommendations Analysis Report on current build, deploy process/capabilities for Edge Devices, and engage development team for consensus/sign off on recommendations.
- Utilizing signed off recommendations, evolve the current developer capabilities into a coherent and opinionated but loosely-coupled ideation for CI/CD platform for Edge Devices.
- Define the RoadMap to transition from current developer build, deploy Edge Device capabilities into a Proposed Architecture, and gain consensus/sign off on Proposed Architecture from the development team.
- Build Out Proposed Architecture.
- Implement Proposed Architecture.
- Test Proposed Architecture.
- Productionize Proposed Architecture having passed UAT from the development team.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer/Training/Access to the development team on Productionized CI/CD Architecture.
- Produce Visual Diagrams Documenting the Productionized CI/CD Architecture and review it with the development team, make changes as needed, until sign off from the development team.
- Ultimately, Contractor shall have implemented a streamlined “one command to deploy '' CI/CD solution for Edge Devices that is in Production 90 days from start date.
Specific Technical Experience Requirements
- Strong past experience with production of edge devices.
- Technical ability to architect and productionize CI/CD pipeline that manages Survail boxes for distribution & upgrades/updates and monitoring of said pipeline.
- Expertise with CI/CD: 10+ years of enterprise grade experience.
- Docker proficiency.
- Network admin experience, ability to troubleshoot networking issues.
- Strong emphasis on software deployment automation for edge devices.
- Experience with secure automatic updating of software practices, remote access via Linux OS.
- Strong experience with Preferred, or equivalent technologies to AWS IOT, Cognito, GreenGrass and IAM services.
- Ability to harden CI/CD security.
- Monitoring and Control for end to end visibility & remediation of CI/CD production issues.
- Documentation, Training and Knowledge Transfer to sustain production/remediate common issues with CI/CD/Monitoring and Control architecture and solutions.