Cybersecurity Architect – West Coast Remote USA
Role Summary / Overview We are currently partnered with financial services firms on industry-leading architectural transformation. We need smart, progressive cybersecurity architects able to directly engage with senior stakeholders to design modern best-of-breed technical architecture to support their business.
Our architects have great communication skills, a deep understanding of technology, can clearly describe complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences, and are willing and able to both delve into detailed solution specifics and operate at the higher Enterprise architecture level.
Our clients will rely on your expert judgement for modern and best-in-class application, data and technology solutions so a strong track record of effectively collaborating with project teams and partnering with clients, especially in the Financial Services Industry, Solutions Consulting, or start-up environments, is paramount.
Key Responsibilities Design the cybersecurity target state solution for identity, data, end point and network security infrastructure.
Deliver an actionable roadmap given organizational and technical constraints to implement and support an enterprise-class security ecosystem.
Develop the E2E technical architecture processes for the cyber journey, including Technology strategy review & definition – including: Aligning organizational security strategy and infrastructure with overall business and technology strategy.
Assessment of current state and constraints, including: Identifying security design gaps in existing architectures – Including security / vulnerability analyses & risk assessments.Target state definition, including: Designing security architecture elements that balance business requirements with information & cybersecurity requirements. Roadmaps describing the migration of the enterprise to the described and approved target state.
Bring a deep understanding of industry and technology trends / emerging security practices and standards.
Act as an enterprise security SME who can explain complex topics to those without a technical background.
- Proven experience leading technology strategies as an architect – specifically utilizing emerging technologies to design and implement security solutions.
- Consulting and engineering in the design and development of security best practices; implementation of security measures to meet business goals, customer needs and regulatory requirements.
- Expert knowledge of security considerations of cloud computing, including data breaches, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, authentication, APTs, data loss and DoS attacks.
- Identity and access management; tracking and creating/enforcing policies that govern access sensitive technology resources and information assets.
- Proven enterprise or strategic view of cyber strategy for large financial institutions, including understanding of appropriate regulations and controls.
- Thorough understanding of relevant industry security standards and protocols, as well as knowledge of risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
Who are we?Lab49 is a specialist strategy, design, and technology consulting company dedicated to the financial services industry. We were founded to fill a need in the Financial Technology marketplace for high-end execution and reliable delivery of technology projects. Our consultants are experts in strategy, user experience, architecture, engineering, and delivery management. We combine knowledge of the latest trends in technology with deep domain expertise to deliver innovative solutions with accelerated time-to-market.
We have offices in New York, Washington DC, London and Sydney.