At ID.me we simplify the identity verification experience for users. Once a user has verified their identity with ID.me, they never have to re-verify again anywhere that ID.me is integrated.
ID.meâs next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication, without compromising access for hard-to-identify groups. ID.meâs technology is used by more than 50 million individuals and 500 partners, including federal and state agencies, healthcare organizations, financial institutions, retailers, and nonprofits.
ID.me is looking for a Principal Security Engineer to add to our rapidly growing security team. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it by advancing the digital identity ecosystem. We are seeking a talented Principal Security Engineer who enjoys the challenges of solving complex security problems, building new technologies, and taking security to the next level..
The Principal Security Engineer will also have the opportunity to provide thought leadership, research, and innovation on a broad scale. The team owns the end-to-end security of all systems and data for ID.me, and our Principal Security Engineer should be passionate about security and working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification, and/or destruction
- Provide subject matter expertise on security architecture and operations
- Identify gaps in capabilities, and find ways to remediate those gaps either through products or creating entirely new capabilities.
- Troubleshoot systems to determine the root cause of issues impacting security infrastructure
- Act as an escalation point for security engineers and a resource during incident response
- Lead security integration and automation to improve detection, monitoring, and response
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as DevOps, Software Engineering, etc
- 10+ years of experience in information security
- 7+ years experience engineering, implementing, and optimizing security measures for the protection of systems, networks, and information
- Hands on experience with SIEM and centralized logging technologies (e.g. Splunk, Elastic, etc)
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR)
- Strong capabilities leveraging scripting languages to automate work or build features (Bash, Python, and/or Ruby)
- Experience securing cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience with configuration automation platforms (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, etc)
- Experience productionalizing custom-built solutions from design to coding to documentation and production handoff.
- Proven track record of innovation
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bonus: Experience with Information Security Compliance, (SOC, FedRAMP, ISO, etc)
- Bonus: Industry security certifications, such as GCIH/ECIH, Security+, or related
- Must be located within the continental U.S.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.