Guidewire is searching for an experienced product manager whose expertise in product strategy, design, and execution will power the continuous delivery of new capabilities to the cyber insurance market through our industry-leading software.
You will inspire 50 engineers, data scientists, and risk modelers to evolve a dynamic product suite that meshes data and machine learning to tame an expanding array of use cases, including cyber risk underwriting, pricing, enterprise risk management, and cyber threat assessment – the #1 risk to US national security, above nuclear weapons. You will report to the Senior Director of Product Management and be a critical motivator in this entrepreneurial culture that fears only the status quo.
Who We Are, What We Believe & What We Build
Guidewire is the AWS of insurance. As the market leader, 380 insurance companies run on our mission critical platform. Every second, we support underwriters crafting policies and agents settling claims. We believe that making a great decision should not require 100 in-house data scientists. Our products range from cyber risk quantification to potent ML sandboxes. We are a post-IPO company with the vision to revolutionize insurance. There is a lot to be done.
Who You Are
You have deep experience managing complex B2B SaaS products with a heavy emphasis on analytics, workflow, and data visualization. You can design solutions to resolve both mega-sized and nuanced industry problems, and are excited to improve a product that is already the envy of the industry. You are passionate about managing and building world-class products and vanquishing market-inhibiting challenges.
You catalyze an unusual chemistry of vision and maniacal execution to quantify the unquantifiable and ship it. You know how to set a strategic course for a product, and how keep the development trains running so maximum velocity can be maintained.
You know how to work with software, UX, modeling, ML, data science, quality assurance, and GTM teams and ensure every team has what it needs from product management to be successful.
- Deeply understand market challenges to envision innovative solutions that transform the insurance industry
- Evangelize our cyber vision, and determine what this means for the actual products we build
- Drive breakthroughs that eradicate complexity with powerful and disarming elegance
- Architect an impactful, performant, and scalable stack and unified application suite that fear no challenge
- Champion best practices in product management across machine learning, data science, data engineering, platform, modeling, and application teams
- Own the end-to-end requirements documentation and communication process across all workstreams
- Amplify and scale an exceptional culture of curiosity and craftsmanship that renders the impossible possible
- Meticulously inspire, develop, and empower research and development teams to achieve our bold mission
- Unleash your gravitas and magnetic personality to set a product vision that inspires all who need to make it happen
- Deliver quantified business outcomes for customers with products that deliver the future today
- Produce and communicate roadmaps that inspire and reflect reality
- Build trust via transparency, communication, and consistent delivery that is on-scope and with exceptional quality
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.