GitHub Security Telemetry is seeking a highly talented and motivated security engineer to drive security initiatives that affect the security of millions of developers around the world. The role involves designing, building, and supporting the security telemetry services and tools that allow GitHub to deliver the best developer experience to its internal employees and the rest of the world. The ideal candidate will share a passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for security telemetry solutions.
- Designing, constructing, testing, and maintaining a robust, reliable, and scalable security data pipeline.
- Partnering with Security Incident Response Engineers on threat detection engineering (e.g alerts, searches, reports, etc.).
- Partnering with Security Incident Response Engineers during incident response and investigations.
- Development and implement of appropriate and effective telemetry solutions to help mitigate threats and risks
- Provide technical leadership while working across the company on critical security initiatives.
You should apply if you have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- 5+ years of working on backend infrastructure/data systems or with application/infrastructure logging pipelines.
- 3+ years of those years of experience in Security Engineering or related experience.
- Ability to engineer solutions using Python, Ruby or Go
- Experience designing systems and data workflows, optimizing data processing algorithms, and systems to support security data analytics.
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Azure Data Lake, Azure Stream Analytics, CloudFormation, Kinesis.
- Working knowledge of security telemetry best practices and threat landscape.
- Experience working in a decentralized and geographically distributed environment.
- A passion and proven ability to drive security that is frictionless, collaborative and effective.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven track record of taking technical requirements, developing proof of concepts, and developing mature systems.
Nice to have
- You have knowledge of telemetry systems/tools, like ELK, Splunk, Azure Data Explorer, and TICK stacks.
- Familiarity with configuration management software such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $90,700 to maximum $192,400 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Â· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the worldâs most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come togetherâas individuals and in teamsâto create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.