Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
As Fleetio's first Security and Compliance Manager, you'll be a leader in all things security, helping us improve our current practices and establishing new ones. Your initial focus will be navigating through near-term security and compliance goals by leading our efforts to become SOC 2 and ISO 27001 compliant while ensuring we maintain high-security standards.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that Fleetio achieves and maintains a high level of security throughout our entire organization, including but not limited to our Engineering, IT, and Product teams.
This is a remote opportunity and is only open to candidates in the United States.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleets. You can learn more about our platform here
. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can read more about it here
More about Fleetio
What you'll be doing
- Drive regulatory compliance and supporting audit programs (SOC 2, ISO 27001)
- Develop, review, and modify information security and privacy policies and guidelines
- Promote and communicate best security and compliance practices and standards
- Work with our engineering and IT teams to identify and remedy vulnerabilities across our tech stack
- Manage compliance monitoring and verification of current and future regulatory obligations
- Act as the point person for all external due diligence requests and security assessments; collaborate with our Sales team and customers/prospects when necessary
- Evaluate security incidents for violations of privacy principles or legal standards and communicate those to stakeholders and customers
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will help build secure software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to easily get code into our production environments, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. See what our team has to say about how we work in their own words here
. You can also learn about the interview process here
- 4+ years of experience in security governance, IT audit, compliance, or related field
- Direct experience in leading and managing SOC 2 and ISO 27001 audits
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- Extensive knowledge of cybersecurity management best practices, governance, and risk/compliance assessment methodologies in a SaaS environment
- Proficient understanding of security tools, frameworks, and processes
- Experience handling customer due diligence requests and security assessments
- Experience establishing and documenting security policies and procedures
- Track record of taking initiative, having the ability to work independently, and being comfortable as the leader of security compliance
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus
- Experience in leading FedRAMP, GDPR, PCI, and other compliance & auditing efforts
- Any relevant security certifications
- You know a thing or two about the Fleet management industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012
Not quite what you were hoping for? Check out our other engineering roles here.