FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Vice President of Infrastructure & Operations is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and scaling FireEye’s global hybrid cloud infrastructure for Mandiant business’s internal technology portfolio, ensuring world class service and availability. This hybrid Product Operations (cloud products) & IT role will oversee multiple functional areas including Site Reliability Engineering, servers, storage, databases, virtualization, networking, NOC, telecom, engineering services and labs, and data centers. Leading the transformation to a fully cloud based product platform you will also build a world-class team supporting our SaaS product portfolio. We are looking for a leader who can partner with our global Engineering & IT leadership team to provide reliable and scalable infrastructure across our datacenters and cloud infrastructure. We are passionate about protecting our clients; we need rock solid infrastructure to achieve our mission!
This important role will also be responsible for establishing architecture and standards which support the broader objectives for the company.
What You Will Do:
The ideal candidate for this role has operated in a SaaS commercial product engineering leadership role with a passion for site reliability engineering (SRE) as well as managed a large internal IT landscape.
The candidate must possess a history of strong technical leadership in a similar environment and a proven track record for delivering highly successful projects. Develop and implement the strategy for how information technology will be used to support and protect the company’s global business interests. Plan, implement, 24x7 monitor, and scale the entire infrastructure for a fast growing global organization.
- Establish the systems and processes to ensure business continuity in the event of natural disaster, system failures and other events which could disrupt business
- Ensure maximum uptime and stability in the company’s systems and networks
- Effectively influence change and work toward best practices, at an enterprise scale. The individual must be a quick learner with the ability to integrate constantly changing dynamics into an evolving enterprise
- Work and collaborate with key stakeholders to identify the right opportunities and put together strategies to move forward
- Execute successfully through diligent planning, effective delegation and efficient decision making
- Ability to work well through ambiguity, confidence in making tough calls and leading through adversity with a sharp focus on the right outcome
- Track and analyze metrics to inform on efforts. Partner very closely with the Information Security team to deliver a highly secure infrastructure
- Collaborate effectively with department directors, company executive, and key executives across the organization
- Lead the development and evolution of technology standards to achieve business objectives
- Lead complex projects and initiatives and coordinate effectively between various IT teams, internal stakeholders, and valued company suppliers/partners
- Identify system needs, capture requirements, evaluate current state environments, assess risks, convey architectural recommendations and pursue resolutions of factors impeding success
- Ensure major programs and projects of high impact to the organization and our customers are delivered, on time, on budget, and with quality
- Support the integration of acquisitions by leveraging a repeatable scalable model
- Hire great people and create a team culture of accountability and maintain morale and high standards
- Build and manage financial plans and budgets
- Manage vendor relationships and drive vendor negotiations
- 10+ years of technology leadership experience
- 15+ years of relevant technical experience working in large scale production operations preferable in the high tech industry
- 5+ years of managing and operating a large scale SaaS environment
- 5+ years of managing a large Virtualized environment, preferably VMWare experience
- Experience in modern infrastructure technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, etc. Experience with Cloud Service providers (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM, et. al.)
- Experience managing global distributed teams and operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of building high performing, mature technology teams
- Understand information security best practices
- Ability to work independently and to self-organize
- Passion for excellence and unwavering desire to improve
- Ability to accept constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Up to 25% travel
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $250,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)