FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The FireEye UX team is looking for a passionate and detail-oriented rotational UX Engineer to help us build intuitive and elegant user interfaces. The position is focused on front-end development and the implementation of the Fabric Design System and exceptional user interfaces that support a variety of complex applications. You will bridge the gap between Design and Technology. You understand the importance of human-centered design and the implication of technology on experiences and evangelize the platform and Design System.
This person must be able to understand UX Design principle in the context applied to technology and develop intuitive, high-performance cutting edge and visually stunning work. You must be very hands-on and detail-oriented. The role will be client facing, partnering closely with UX Designers articulating and defending development and design decisions to adopting teams and key stakeholders alike. The candidate must be able to deliver digital properties from concept to a finished product.
Do you want to help build products that help national security organizations and Fortune 500 companies protect their companies, customers, and constituents from evil? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Why this job matters:
- Impact. We are changing how the world experiences cyber-security. Your design decisions will be seen by security experts and impact how companies large and small interface with protecting their digital assets.
- Trust. We believe the best type of work occurs when small multi-discipline teams put their heads and skills together to solve problems and come up with solutions that delight users. We trust these teams to pull it off and have a positive impact on our central vision.
- Users lead the way. We let the people who use our product inform where we are going and try as often as we can to let our observations lead decision making. Feels good to know you are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Learn from others. We work really hard to make sure that everyone around the table is inspiring, smart and works well together. It makes hiring harder but everyday inspiration easier.
In this Role
- Contribute to a company-wide design system, evaluate and apply design system conventions to existing and new features.
- Participate in research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
- Contribute effective documentation and communication of design components in the design system.
- Educate the team on the software development process and how UX designers can best support development efforts.
- Support releases of the platform that align with business objectives.
- Clearly, understand and articulate the team's point of view in a broader context.
- Articulate design decisions with adopting development teams.
- Ability to clearly articulate creative ideas to senior leaders verbally and in writing
- Comfort working with remote teams
- Willingness to travel 5-10%
- Expertise in Front-End Frameworks (e.g. Angular.js, React, Polymer, etc.) and best practices for architecting large scale web applications.
- Infrastructure experience setting up and configuring scalable web applications (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc).
- An amazing ability to create high-quality user experiences demonstrated in a portfolio showcasing your work
- Demonstrable experience in and knowledge of modern UI and UX principles and best practices
- Expertise in Angular 2.x+ development or a similar SPA framework
- Experience with CSS (SASS is a plus)
- Experience interacting with web services and RESTful APIs
- Experience with writing and maintaining unit tests
- Comfort with version control systems (Git is a plus)
- Demonstrable experience using modern extended front-end web frameworks (Angular, jQuery, Vue, Polymer, Bootstrap and others)
- Experience with a modern CI/CD DevOps pipeline (Jenkins, Drone, Bamboo, etc)
Specific to Different UX Teams
- Knowledge of design systems that meets industry standards
Education and Experience:
- Degree in computer science or related discipline (not required but preferred)
- Typically seen as the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of work experience
- Master’s degree and 2+ years of experience