FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Mandiant is seeking a Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to drive the effectiveness and efficiency of the support team. As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE), you are an integral part of the Customer Success Team. As a successful TSE, you will excel in learning new technologies and continue to expand upon core knowledge. You will use your highly analytical skills to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately. You will thrive in a customer facing environment, providing resolution to complex problems. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing technical support to customers focusing on event data collection, troubleshooting network, Linux, and virtual environments. The Technical Support Engineer will represent the customer support function as key individual for assisting initial response to customer inquiries and technical needs.
What You'll Do:
- Respond to customer tickets in line with Service Level Agreements with focus of facilitating cross functional resources while troubleshooting to drive issues towards resolution.
- Identify related incidents and formulate common problem cases under ITIL methodologies.
- Be accountable for customer escalations and communicate them internally while ensuring that customers are kept fully informed of progress throughout the escalation.
- Perform review and contribute to updating knowledge base articles regarding the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents.
- Provide customer guidance regarding product components and integrations for the growing support team.
- Afterhours / weekend on-call rotational team coverage.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocols and routing
- Networking administration experience or certification
- Linux experience or certification
- Experience with logging, forwarding, and load balance systems (ie. Syslog, Windows Events, Snare, F5s, Linux Routing tables)
- Familiarity with analytic tools (ie. Grafana, Kibana, Datadog)
- Worked with technologies such as MS or PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Security Information/Event Management (SIEM) solution experience
- US Citizenship required due to nature of work
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.