FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Mandiant Threat Intelligence seeks an experienced and motivated individual to be a member of our Vulnerability & Exploitation team, which is responsible for performing deep assessments of software and web application vulnerabilities, tracking exploit code releases and exploitation activities, and the creation of detailed and actionable reports in support of our global commercial and government customers. As a Senior Technical Analyst / Software Engineer you will take a lead role on the team creating and maintaining new and existing data collection and analysis technologies to support intelligence production. You’ll help collect and make sense of piles of data and transform it into useful information and actionable intelligence. You will grow your skills, work with cutting edge research and technologies and introduce new tools (R&D) to the team.
You’ll work in an environment that encourages creative thinking and novel solutions to interesting problems. You’ll collaborate with fellow experts. You’ll come up with ways to do things more quickly and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality. Our team combines technical experts and intelligence analysts to build systems providing data and insights. We constantly adapt to a changing target landscape to maintain access to information.
Bottom line: You will create and maintain solutions that will make our team smarter, faster, and better at what we do – protecting the world from evil.
- Implement new intelligence analysis workflow systems
- Maintain and improve code base of existing projects
- Develop new technologies to capture source data
- Work with our team of experts (analysts, researchers, etc.) to understand our intelligence data
- Actively work with stakeholders to expand threat intelligence coverage
- Design and implement problem solutions on both the backend and frontend of tools
- Write and review requirements and implementation documentation
- A minimum of five years previous professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of one or more standard mainstream computer languages, e.g. Python, Java, C#
- Excellent knowledge of file systems and data storage, e.g. RDBMS, Lucene based indexing, JSON documents
- Strong experience with one or more IDEs, e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, PyCharm
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation patterns and concepts
- Strong experience with client/server implementation patterns and technologies
- Strong experience with code repository systems, e.g. GitHub, GitLab, SVN
- Ability to work on Linux systems
- Backend development exposure with REST API and databases
- Ability to work as a member of a small global team in a fast-paced environment
Exposure to database systems: SQL and NOSQL (specifically, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with agile development processes and rapid prototyping a plus
- Knowledge of data transfer protocols and technologies, e.g. pipes, sockets
- Experience with graph store and/or graph data modeling and concepts
- Experience with a task tracking system, e.g. JIRA, BugZilla
- Experience with a document management and knowledge system, e.g. Confluence and SharePoint
- Experience with cloud vendors, e.g. Amazon AWS
- Prior experience in Cyber Security (specifically, vulnerabilities and their exploitation)
- Interest in potential development of analytic capabilities or learning analytic fundamentals
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, or West Virginia