FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The Security Engineer is responsible for enabling the technology and tools required to effectively accomplish daily tasks within a Security Operations Center. The primary role of the SOC Security Engineer is to enable SOCs to effectively utilize technology to accomplish daily tasks.
The Security Engineer will collaborate with Mandiant Architects, Mandiant Analysts, Client Information Technology (IT) resources, as well as other business resource owners, to maintain the operational readiness and appropriate configurations of all technologies required for the client's SOC to maintain effective incident detection and response capabilities.
Candidates for this position must enjoy working as a member of a highly technical team in a rapidly changing environment, be experienced in administrating a variety of information security technologies, excited to learn new emerging technologies, and passionate about protecting customer data and corporate assets from the diverse threats facing multiple industries.
What You Will Do:
- Implement new tools and technology that can be utilized to accomplish daily tasks within the SOC
- Maintain operational readiness, patch management, and appropriate configurations of all SOC related tools and technologies, including SIEM and FireEye technologies
- Improve and refine security tool rulesets, alert thresholds, and telemetry
- Implement scripts and technology to automate tasks or reduce manual processes
- 3+ Years of professional information security experience
- 2+ Years administering various security technologies such as IDS/IPS, EDR, Firewalls, Web Proxies, DLP, CASB, SIEM, DNS security, DDoS protection, and Active Directory
- 2+ years of experience working with or administering tools used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis or other areas of security operations
- 2+ years of experience with networking, including TCP/IP protocols and network topology
- 1+ Years configuring or running SOAR or automation tooling
- Fundamental understanding of operating systems, including Windows and Linux
- Fundamental understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Linux and network equipment
- Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, decision-making ability, and a high motivation towards setting and delivering "excellence"
- Ability to listen, establish relationships, gain consensus, rapidly establish credibility with and gain confidence of multiple areas across the organization
- Understanding and framing business need and technical imperatives and inspiring confidence with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and foster collaboration within the organization
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, positive, and creative in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude and the desire to learning new technologies and services
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role and candidates must be located in the Central Region of the United States, including Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and other states within the central time zone.