FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
FireEye Mandiant has been at the forefront of cyber security and cyber threat intelligence since 2004. The FireEye Mandiant Services provides industry-leading incident response, assessment, transformation, managed detection and response, and training services with hands-on tactical support. Mandiant helps organizations effectively detect and respond to threats and reduce overall impact of business risk before, during, and after an incident. Our world class incident responders are able to resolve security incidents quickly, effectively and at scale with complete incident response including investigation, containment, remediation, and crisis management.
FireEye Mandiant Security Consulting Services ensures the long-term success of our clients by providing talented, passionate, and specialized security expertise. Our Consultants partner with FireEye clients to evaluate, create, develop, improve, and mature information security operations and programs. By utilizing the latest industry standards and combining experience and knowledge gained from Mandiant Incident Response, Intelligence and Managed Defense practices, we are able to develop leading information security programs for our clients.
We are looking for a passionate leader with strong cyber security consulting skills to help our clients assess, design and build proactive security programs. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and experience in leading consulting teams to develop security governance, security risk management, security operations, tactical, and strategic and/or cyber incident response programs. This position can be located within the Mid-Atlantic Southeast region of the US, with preference to Alexandria, VA.
What You Will Do:
- Coach, mentor and lead a team of Mandiant Consultants
- Help drive delivery quality of engagements in the areas of proactive and tactical services with focus on unique requirements for each engagement
- Work with the account team to develop new business opportunities, adding new logos to the Mandiant portfolio through presales and commercial activities, and extending existing business through exceptional delivery earning the trust of each client
- Work closely with Sales to manage major client accounts, and provide oversight for local engagements
- Interface with clients to address concerns, issues or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service and its value to clients
- Lead engagements that build and mature customer information security programs and incident response practices
- Oversee and manage implementation improvements to Mandiant’s business processes, methodologies and client communication methods
- Codify customer success criteria across accounts and use them to drive methodologies
- Use formal project management skills in planning, tracking and reporting on project progress
- Secret or Top-Secret clearance preferred, but not required; must be able to pass background investigation
- Strong technical background in the areas of Incident Response and proactive security assessments with a minimum of ten (10) years of comparable experience
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies; packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall technologies, IDS & proxy technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience
- Expert in-depth knowledge in collecting, analyzing, and escalating security events; responding to computer security incidents, and/or collecting, analyzing, and disseminating cyber threat intelligence
- Significant consulting experience, such as project delivery to external customers
- Proven business development, pre-sales and commercial experience in a Cyber Security and/or Incident Response business
- Proven experience leading and managing high performing consulting teams
- Proven experience delivering quality consulting outcomes
- Interaction with C-level executives concerning cyber security risk
- Thorough understanding of cyber security incident response processes, tools and engagements
- Thorough understanding of cyber security operations, event monitoring, and SIEM tools; ideally, candidate will have knowledge of and experience FireEye technologies, such as NX, EX, PX and HX
- Strong understanding of network protocols; broad knowledge of security infrastructure design and network security
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows operating systems and administrative tools
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices
- Travel up to 10%
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Ability to provide public speaking and be comfortable in front of an audience
- Capable of leading multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of and ability to use formal project management skills in planning, tracking, and reporting on project progress
- Cyber Security Industry certifications a plus
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in: Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, or Louisana..