FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
FireEye Mandiant Security Consulting Services ensures the long-term success of our clients by providing talented, passionate, and specialized security expertise. Our Consultants partner with FireEye clients to evaluate, create, develop, improve, and mature information security operations and programs. By utilizing the latest industry standards and combining experience and knowledge gained from Mandiant Incident Response, Intelligence and Managed Defense practices, we are able to develop defense forward information security programs for our clients.
As an Information Security Consultant, you will be responsible for helping our clients assess, design and build effective security programs. As an established trusted advisor, you will span operational, tactical, and strategic levels as well as tasks that tackle difficult problems that businesses are facing when building out and improving their security posture. This is an opportunity for you to showcase your strong communication skills and experience in security governance, security risk management, security operations, security architecture, and/or cyber incident response programs.
What You Will Do:
- Provide guidance on building and/or maturing information security programs and the implementation of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
- Evaluate client needs, coordinate design for a solution, and clearly communicate the value proposition of complex and highly technical subjects
- Implement and/or assess existing security controls
- Provide knowledge of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
- Interface with clients to address concerns, issues or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service and its value to clients
- 2+ years experience working with tools associated with penetration testing, security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, network and endpoint architecture, malware analysis or other areas of security operations
- 2+ years of experience working with security frameworks, such as ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, HIPAA/HITECH, or PCI DSS Fundamental understanding of networking, including TCP/IP protocols and network topology
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Fundamental understanding of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and OSX
- Basic understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Linux, OSX and network equipment
- Basic understanding of the components that comprise a successful information security program
- Basic knowledge of tools used in penetration testing, security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, network and endpoint architecture, malware analysis or other areas of security operations
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Minimum five years of professional information security experience
- Ability to successfully interface with clients and manage expectations
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a clear and concise manner
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role for candidates located within the Mid-Atlantic Southeast region of the United States