FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The FireEye Solution Specialist role is responsible for sales and revenue of FireEye’s Threat Intelligence portfolio, Managed Defense offerings and our Validation Platform (formerly Verodin), within a defined region or list of accounts.
Specifically, this position is responsible for assessing opportunities, enabling and training other sales resources, developing account plans and sales plays, contract negotiations, and post sales account management of the assigned Enterprise accounts. The successful specialist is expected to leverage and partner with the direct Field and Channel sales team on lead generation, account planning and new account development and/or expanding existing accounts. The specialist is also expected to be the expert and extremely knowledgeable in their area of focus. They must also be able to effectively represent FireEye’s full suite of products and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in overall revenue generation.
- Build strong business consulting relationships within assigned regions and accounts and ensure alignment of internal resources i.e. Support, Systems Engineering, and Global Services, to ensure consistency in the implementation of high value solutions.
- Exercise strong financial skills in the evaluation and preparation of sales opportunities and sufficient organizational and project management skills to manage customer needs and drives issues to resolution; the specialist must also effectively manage cross functional areas to deliver total solutions based on regional requirements.
- Lead sales strategy sessions for significant opportunities within accounts while contributing to and coordinating the execution of the overall account plans, ensuring the accurate production of account plans, business case preparation, appropriate contract presentation, and the effective delivery of account plan activities.
- Collect and communicate marketing requirements and competitive data, including pricing, feature needs, license models and value proposition strategies to stakeholders.
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy and consistency of all sales data across all sales systems.
- Consistently demonstrate strong product knowledge and ability to articulate our value proposition
- As a specialist, success is also dependent on educating and evangelizing within the sales team. To do this effectively, partnerships must be formed through FireEye’s Enablement, Global Services and Intelligence, Marketing, Channel, Engineering and Product Management teams in order to deliver a consistent and uniform message to the field.
- As a specialist, they must also partner with these teams to develop content and deliver it to the field in order to increase sales for the suite of offerings. As such, this role requires a deep understanding of the market and technologies that FireEye sells, including our business/industry, our competitors and the ability to use this knowledge to plan for the future
- 5+ years Solution Selling experience with a focus on services and/or threat intelligence
- Background with security technologies, especially related to the portions of the portfolio where this role is focused
- The successful specialist drives a superior customer experience by delivering technology solutions tailored to customer needs and is able to meet and beat their assigned quota. Additionally, the specialist must demonstrate success in the following areas:
- Collaborative Relationships – to facilitate the accomplishment of sales objectives the specialist must proactively build effective working relationships with other people and provide clarity and information to further sales objectives, facilitate agreement and develop working relationships. Key deliverable: A strong working relationships and value added outcomes in the assigned territory or accounts.
- Opportunity Assessment – respond appropriately to requests within established and future opportunities to help define and close portfolio revenue. Key deliverable: Value-add product, maintenance, and services opportunities are clearly identified and validated within the sales organization, partners and other FireEye resources.
- Account Plan Development – working with FireEye’s field sales team and other Partner and Channel resources, the successful specialist will develop and prepare an actionable strategic sales plan for top accounts with the largest opportunity. Key deliverable: Clearly documented strategic sales and account plans, including short and long-term goals and actions for the largest opportunities.
- Contract Negotiations – participate in contract negotiations and pricing requests for all related requests. Key deliverable: Financially sound and resource supported contracts that are clearly aligned with FireEye’s financial objectives while delivering value-added products, maintenance, and services to meet customer requirements.
- Post Sale Management – maintain awareness and status of all key contractual obligations within an assigned list of accounts, facilitating customer meetings and communications regarding deliverables where necessary. Key deliverable: Customer expectations are managed upfront, with ongoing status project updates, escalating unresolved issues to account team members and/or key customer sponsor. Effectively matrix-manages cross functional areas to achieve a high level of customer service.
FireEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer