FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
In this role, the Intelligence Analyst will support the Mandiant Intelligence Digital Threat Monitoring Managed Service (DTM-MS) solution. The analyst will use Mandiant’s proprietary automated web reconnaissance technology platform, known as Digital Threat Monitoring (DTM), to provide enhanced situational awareness on client organizations’ digital footprints. The analyst will help identify breaches, exposures, and other digital threats across the open, deep and dark web affecting customers.
- Manage customers’ keyword profiles, including developing keywords and effective filters based on analyst’s knowledge of the client and each unique use case. Keywords are used in tandem with the DTM web scraping technology to identify threats to customers.
- Review and triage threat alerts generated by the DTM platform, and subsequently investigate any alerts indicative of a cyber or security threat to a customer organization. Analysts will be expected to use all relevant Mandiant intelligence applications and data holdings, as well as conduct appropriate OSINT research, to generate thorough analysis.
- Proactively notify clients regarding alerts of potential concern
- Provide customers with an analysis report presenting the findings from each investigation.
- Provide customers with consistent summary reporting that provides notable identified threats and trends.
- Hold regular meetings with each client to review identified threats to date, gather feedback from customer stakeholders, and identify any changes within the client organizations that would warrant a change to the customers’ keywords and/or threat landscapes.
- Answer customer questions regarding use cases, capabilities, and identified threats.
- Collaborate with other Mandiant teams to ensure client entitlements, access, and intelligence requirements are addressed appropriately and properly scoped.
- Support other team requirements, as needed
- Demonstrated experience in roles requiring analytic processes
- Ability to identify and interpret internal data sources and open source information
- Ability to think critically and properly qualify assessments
- Ability to conduct structured research on the internet
- Strong communication and presentation skills; especially, the ability to provide concise, accurate communications (both verbal and written)
- Experience setting and managing expectations with key external/internal stakeholders and team members
- Proven ability to respond to immediate requests from clients and manage priorities based on the needs of multiple customers
- Ability to communicate and establish rapport with a dispersed team
- Ability to prioritize and execute with moderate-limited direction or oversight
- Interest in working with clients who have a wide range of cyber threat intelligence maturity levels, tailoring interactions and support accordingly
- Curiosity and a willingness to develop and adjust
- Demonstrated experience in the cyber threat intelligence sector
- Knowledge of the cyber threat landscape, to include actors, TTPs, targets
- Experience conducting cyber threat research
- Demonstrated experience utilizing a threat monitoring platform in support of intelligence/security requirements
- Experience defining and managing intelligence requirements
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role for individuals located within the Central region or the East Coast of the United States.