FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in cyber security expertise and has earned the trust of security professionals and company executives around the world. Our unique combination of renowned frontline experience, nation-state grade threat intelligence, machine intelligence, and the industry's best security validation ensures that FireEye knows more about today's advanced threats than anyone.
As a Cyber Defense Manager, you will contribute and support an operations team that maintains operational excellence and provides key metrics for FireEye's Mandiant consulting practice. In this fast-paced role, you will work across the Mandiant Service Delivery organization to operationalize large scale internal projects and help establish the processes, tools, and techniques required to deliver to external customers with a globally consistent approach. Mandiant is building an ecosystem of leadership to help manage the growing project portfolio. Working as a part of the Consulting Operations organization, you will act as an individual contributor in a leadership capacity to drive cross functional planning, coordination, and reporting with various teams to execute the delivery of the client engagements.
What You Will Do:
You will lead and manage project details and act as the “operational glue” driving a coordinated plan including project set up based on customer agreements and existing tools, assisting consultants to knock down roadblocks and identifying better ways forward, and assisting project owners with reporting of status and financials.
- Overall project set up to include the building of project plan(s) in coordination with the project owner, as well as the successful execution and operation of the project following the defined plan
- Work effectively with network of stakeholders/clients/assigned consultants to provide intelligence and insight about the project to organizational leads
- Ensure that the project management practices in the project conform to the overall program governance structure and practices
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the proactive and timely resolution of plan, dependency, risk and issue discrepancies
- Define and report critical metrics throughout multiple tracks to provide status/visibility and execution against project objectives
- Collect and document final deliverables, lessons learned, and ideas for continuous improvement as the projects proceed
- 10+ years of consulting experience
- 5+ years of Cyber Defense skills with experience in delivering security assessment, advisory, and remediation projects
- Strong qualitative and analytical skills
- Capacity to rapidly identify issues pertaining to complex project management, communicate those issues immediately, and work to resolve them
- Ability to be candid yet diplomatic at the same time
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong change management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communications (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Proven record of success in a large, highly matrixed environment
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located on the East Coast of the United States