FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The FireEye Consulting Sales Engineer is a customer-focused, highly technical sales professional who provides support and guidance to prospective and current customers, while collaborating with Sales Account Managers and partner organizations to recommend and develop appropriate Security-focused solution offerings.
The Consulting Sales Engineer (CSE) acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in the Cyber Security field by the account team, channel partners and customers.
What You Will Do:
- Understand the customer’s business requirements and how to map these to a FireEye solution that meets both their needs and budget
- Develop and present the benefits of FireEye products and services to both technical and non-technical audiences. Understand FireEye differentiators. Research the technical requirements of an opportunity to scope and architect a solution that meets the customer’s needs
- Conduct Proof of Concept (POC) engagements on sales opportunities. This includes scoping the appropriate use cases in agreement with customer, installation and configuration of FireEye products. Provides POC report/findings once completed
- Collaborate with customer/partner network engineers, architects, operation support staff disciplines to determine the best comprehensive design, while supporting current and long-term needs of the infrastructure and related stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, including demonstration of FireEye products in-line with customer requirements and in support of marketing/partner activities
- Act as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues, engaging product management/engineering as required
- Work closely with customers to grow and expand the implementation/integration of FireEye products
- If you feel you have 75% of the above and are confident you could learn the rest, please consider joining our team.
Day-to-day operations and interactions will involve some the following technology areas:
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Operations - SIEMs (ArcSight / Spunk), SOAR, xDR, Ticketing systems (Remedy), RBAC or similar
- Host-based Forensics and Windows Internals
- Network Forensics - Packet Capture and Analysis
- Cloud Infrastructure and Applications e.g. AWS, Azure, Openstack, Google cloud or similar
- Network Security - Firewalls, IDS / IPS, HTTP/SSL Proxies
- Experience in Cyber Security space and networking technology space
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel from deep geeks to top execs
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of IT technologies and security solutions
- Overnight travel throughout the assigned territory/region is periodically required, very occasional long haul
- Ability to independently prioritize and execute project tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner. Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of FireEye products and solutions.
- Familiarity with various hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies, common malware families, and Anti-Virus / IDS / IPS evasion techniques
- Knowledge of industry frameworks e.g. MITRE desirable
- CISSP or other security qualifications desired (but not mandatory)
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in the West, preferably Sacramento.