Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
Our Application Security Research team is hyper-focused on continuous vulnerability and threat research affecting the world's software ecosystem. He or she will be responsible for maintaining the fidelity of research and findings in our real-time security intelligence platform. Most vulnerability findings will be based on third-party code in the Open Source community. However, additional efforts will be driven from findings in the Contrast platform. It will present an opportunity as a security researcher to contribute original research.
The Application Security Researcher is responsible for supporting and contributing to Contrast’s growing and enhancing original security research efforts relevant to the development communities associated with Contrast Assess and Protect platforms. Original research will be published in company blogs, papers and presentations.
**will require travel to an off-site event on an annual basis - Potential for Remote**
- Conduct basic and applied research on important and challenging problems in application security
- Help define and drive research projects, either on your own or in collaboration with others on the team
- Engage with Contrast’s product teams and customers to promote and seek out new research initiatives
- Support the gathering of language, library, license and application security research
- Process emerging threats, such as evaluating externally found CVEs and risks
- Development and presentation of content associated with the security research through conference speaking and/or blogging
- Provide tier-3 support for reported incidents and escalation of security findings review
- Ability to perform vulnerability and penetration testing assessments
- Support and drive the security evaluation of third party software and tools
- Software background in Java or .NET (plus if you have experience with Python, NodeJS, Ruby and/or GoLang)
- Understands the OWASP Top 10 and SANS/CWE Top 25
- Experience with ethical hacking and vulnerability management reporting
- Knowledge of cloud hosting environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI, etc)
- You have strong communication skills
- You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need
- 5+ years of experience in industry application security research or direct application
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
* We could support remote work in most states except Colorado.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.