Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber skills to design and build secure systems for our homeland security? We’re looking for an engineer who can create solutions for the US government that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a security engineer on our project, you’ll work with a highly skilled team focused on implementing and operating next generation security solutions for government and commercial clients. You’ll work to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You’ll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. Engage multiple stakeholders and leverage expertise to perform day-to-day activities required to operate the BigFix solution in an enterprise environment. Provide information and data utilized for asset reporting. Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and performs problem resolution regarding related incidents and service requests. Provides subject matter expertise on all BigFix components and modules. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
- 3+ years of experience with BigFix Module including Asset Discovery, Inventory, Software Distribution, Compliance, Vulnerability Management, and Patch Management
- Experience with patching and upgrading HCL BigFix Applications
- Experience distributing applications and software packages using HCL BigFix
- Experience with configuration management of operating systems and applications of popular security benchmarks published by DoD STIG
- Experience troubleshooting BigFix clients and relay communication issues in a large enterprise environment
- Experience evaluating BigFix best practices to conduct application tuning and optimization
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Operating Systems
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with integrating Cybersecurity data using enterprise or custom tools data aggregation and analysis tools, including Splunk
- Knowledge of federal information security policies, standards, procedures, directives, frameworks, federal security authorizations, assessment, and risk management processes for enterprise systems
- Bachelor's degree
- MCSE certification, including Current or Legacy, or similar MS certification, IBM Certified Administrator- BigFix Lifecycle, BigFix Compliance, or BigFix Inventory V9.5., Security+
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $110,000 to $140,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.