Serve as an analyst and task leader for a project team that generates strategic-level cyber threat intelligence (CTI) reports and tactical open-source threat actor targeting portfolios. Drive the analytic production cycle for a small team conducting unclassified open-source research into threats, risks, and trends concerning malicious actors, information technologies, and the geopolitical landscape. Detect, assess, and pivot from incomplete or unreliable technical and non-technical data to formulate reasoned assessments about threat actor capability, intent, and identity, and forecast future developments. Ensure product quality, analytical soundness, technical precision, structural clarity, and timely delivery for written deliverables. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
- 3+ years of experience with open-source cyber threat intelligence (CTI)
- Experience conducting self-directed CTI investigations using a diverse array of open-source investigative techniques across traditional media sources, specialized forums, social media, infrastructure records, and data repositories
- Experience conducting research or investigations of foreign sources using machine translation
- Experience writing CTI assessments and analyzing open-source data to produce coherent, responsive, and polished written products
- Knowledge of prominent state-aligned and cybercriminal threats, as well as major developments in the field
- Knowledge of geopolitical trends and strategic factors that shape prominent state-aligned threat actors
- Ability to manage a small team of junior analysts, including developing production plans, investigative assignments, production timelines, and responsive deliverables from client requests
- Ability to critique and edit the reasoning, structure, style, and accuracy of assessments generated by the team.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience with project management
- Experience with unclassified threat actor targeting, including the use of data repositories related to historical DNS records, archived webpages, and automated malware analysis
- Experience with cyber threat intelligence in a consulting capacity
- Knowledge of OSINT data collection automation techniques or scripting languages
- Knowledge of structured cyber threat analysis frameworks such as Kill Chain analysis and Diamond modeling
- Master's degree in Political Science, History, International Relations, or Intelligence Studies
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $110,000 to $120,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.