Are you looking for an opportunity to share your experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cybersecurity and DevSecOps to support your country and safeguard our nation's assets? As a systems security & network security engineer, you can identify the tools needed to assess vulnerabilities and recommend the best solution and security strategy. We need your experience to lead the development and implementation of security solutions that will protect military assets and personnel.
On our team, you’ll troubleshoot and analyze complex challenges for customers using your knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and cybersecurity best practices. You’ll use your curiosity for technology and market trends to further research and develop security solutions. Using your knowledge and experience in AWS, Xacta, Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), you’ll assess security threats and implement infrastructure controls.
In this role, you’ll closely impact military members by safeguarding their planning tools to keep them out of harms way. With mentoring, challenging hands-on problem-solving, and opportunities to learn new tools and skills, we focus on growing as a team to make the best solutions for our customers.
Work with us as we secure and protect United States Space Force mission applications for the better.
What You’ll Work On:
- Develop relationships quickly and easily with other teams, communicating the complexities of security with a wide variety of audiences, including senior management.
- Implement infrastructure and cybersecurity controls, including enhanced detection and vulnerability capabilities and improved event correlation in large enterprises.
- Perform risk and vulnerability assessments in network, system, and application areas; leverage big data analytics and traditional security event types to identify advanced threats or indicators of compromise.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- Experience as an ISSO
- Knowledge of Linux software
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), the Risk
- Management Framework (RMF) process, and associated National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) publications
- Secret clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Security+ CE or IAM Level II certification within DoD 8570 requirements
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with eMASS or Xacta
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or other cloud environments
- Experience with Platform One (P1)
- Knowledge of completing Authority to Operate (ATO) approval and Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) processes
- TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, CS, or Information Assurance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 95,000 to 105,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.