We have an opportunity for an Information Assurance Analyst to join our team as we provide management tools to the client to support program management and risk reduction objectives. Apply advanced consulting and planning or extensive technical expertise in resolving high-visibility client cybersecurity initiatives. You’ll work with program leadership to discover and mitigate cybersecurity risks, understand and apply policies and cyber best practices, conduct cybersecurity risk assessments and support the maintenance of VA operational security posture both in the physical environment and information systems. You will manage customer relationships to collaborate on assessing risk arising from vulnerabilities and threats, conduct security assessments and ensure system compliance. You will work with your client to translate security concepts into actionable implementable solution recommendations to help the client make informed security decisions. Join us as we protect our nation’s cyber infrastructure. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
- 5+ years of experience with NIST special publications, including RMF and NIST security controls, and system cyber-contingency planning
- 5+ years of experience with project management, stakeholder coordination, business process mapping and building, planning, managing and maintaining program schedules and facilitating project activities
- Experience with using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint and with information security and assurance principles
- Ability to multitask and adapt in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to facilitate collaboration among a diverse group of stakeholders and document the interdependencies to achieve a common goal
- Ability to perform risk analysis, vulnerability assessments and annual security reviews in accordance with FISMA reporting
- Ability to gather and analyze data to create program reports and deliverables and understand and articulate risk associated with various programs, and define desired end state for various programs, develop roadmaps to achieve the end state, and assist program owners in tracking roadmap activities
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- HS diploma or GED and 18+ years of experience with IT, or Bachelor's degree in CS, IT, or Engineering and 10+ years of experience with IT
Nice to Have:
- Experience working directly with senior clients to provide solutions
- Experience with the VA
- Ability to work flexibly in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to validate and upload RMF documentation into the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) portal
- Possession of excellent customer service and organization skills
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CAP, CISSP, CISM, PMP, or CCSK certifications
Applicants selected may be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 102,000 to 125,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.