Warnings about cyber threats are everywhere and the constantly evolving nature of these threats can make understanding them seem overwhelming to government agencies and commercial clients. In all of this “cyber noise”, how can these organizations understand their risks and how to mitigate them? The answer is you – an information security risk specialist who will break down complex threats into manageable plans of action.
As an information security risk specialist on our team, you’ll use your experience to work with government agencies and commercial clients to discover their cyber risks, understand applicable policies, and develop a mitigation plan. You’ll review technical, environmental, and personnel details from system owners and engineers to assess the entire threat landscape. Then, you’ll guide your client through a plan of action with presentations, white papers, and milestones. You’ll work with your client to translate security concepts, so they can make the best decisions to secure their critical infrastructure. This is your opportunity to act as an information security subject matter expert while broadening your skills in cloud security. Join us as we protect our nation’s cyber infrastructure.
Empower change with us.
- 2+ years of experience as a Cloud Network Engineer or Cloud Security Engineer
- 1+ years of experience in working with cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Ability to provide solutions for a complex environment
- Ability to assess and discover weaknesses within the organization's security posture
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Entry level AWS, Azure, or GCP Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with using security tools, including Nessus or Splunk
- Knowledge of building data pipelines in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Knowledge of operating in an Agile or Scrum environment
- MA or MS degree in Computer Science or Cybersecurity
- Advances AWS or Azure Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security), Cisco Certified Network Associate Cyber Security Operations (CCNA Cyber Ops), Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information System Security Professional or Associate (CISSP or Associate), Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO), CyberSec First Responder (CFR), CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Continuing Education (CASP+ CE), CompTIA Cloud+ (Cloud+), Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) or Securing Cisco® Networks with Threat Detection Analysis (SCYBER)
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.