Are you ready to take a strategic role in cyber defense? Do you want to use your experience-based knowledge to protect critical infrastructure from the constant onslaught of cyber attacks? If you want a position that uses your extensive threat analysis skills to perform advanced threat identification and complex incident response, you want to be a security operations center analyst.
As an analyst on our team, you’ll analyze logs, forensic data, and threat intelligence to find the advanced threats that are escaping detection. Using your deep understanding of your customer’s networks, combined with your cybersecurity experience, you’ll analyze patterns to understand attackers’ goals and stop them from succeeding. Once you find the adversary in the security information and event management (SIEM)’s blind spot, you’ll advise on ways to close the gaps and harden their network. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Empower change with us.
- 3+ years of experience as a Cybersecurity professional, including hands-on incident response, designing and deploying security capabilities, threat intelligence, security monitoring, and vulnerability management
- Experience with incident response and digital forensics
- Experience with SIEM tools, including IBM QRadar
- Knowledge of Windows and RHEL audit logs
- Knowledge of NAC and IDS/IPS solutions
- Knowledge of regular expressions (regex)
- Ability to lead and direct projects
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with ForeScout CounterACT, FireEye security appliances, Microsoft Defender ATP
- Experience with Python, PowerShell, and Bash scripting
- Experience with supporting DevSecOps model and pipeline, working with developers and SREs to address vulnerabilities early in the development life cycle
- Experience with working through diverse technical Cybersecurity aspects
- Experience deploying and managing Windows and RHEL servers
- Ability to excel in face-to-face client interaction during project execution
- Ability to contribute to the identification and implementation of security solutions
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including providing substantive narrative input on client deliverables, reports, proposals, and marketing content
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS or Information Technology preferred; Master's degree in MIS, CS or Information Technology a plus
- CEH or GCIH Certification
Applicants selected may be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $80,000 to $85,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.