Warnings about cyber threats are everywhere and the constantly evolving nature of these threats can make understanding them seem overwhelming to clients. In all of this “cyber noise”, how can these organizations understand their risks and how to mitigate them? The answer is you – build your knowledge as an information security risk specialist who can help break down complex threats into manageable plans of action.
As an information security risk specialist on our team, you’ll assist clients with discovering their cyber risks, understanding applicable policies, and developing a mitigation plan. You’ll gather technical, environmental, and personnel details from subject matter experts to help with assessment of the entire threat landscape. You’ll learn how to guide your client through a plan of action with presentations, white papers, and milestones and help to translate security concepts so they can make the best decisions to secure their cyber systems. This is your opportunity to build experience in a strategic information security role while developing skills in cloud and cybersecurity compliance. Join us as we protect our nations cybersecurity program.
Empower change with us.
- 1+ years of experience with cybersecurity
- Experience with Information Assurance or performing information security audits
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) documentations
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- 1+ years of experience with analyzing cloud environments, including Platform-as-a-service (PaaS), Software-as-a-service (SaaS) and Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Knowledge of compliance, including risk assessments leveraging NIST guidance, such as the Risk Management Framework (RMF) or Federal Risk Management Program (FedRAMP)
- CISSP, CCNA, CySA+, GCIH, GSNA, GCIA, CISA, CSSLP, CISSO, CFR, CASP+, Cloud+, or GICSP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.