Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for the federal government. We’re looking for an engineer who can create solutions for the government that will stand up to even the most advanced cyber threats.
Implement and operate the next generation of Cybersecurity solutions for federal government agencies and departments as a leader of a large-scale client engagement. You’ll oversee analysis and deliverable execution for the development and maintenance of program-defined outcomes and success metrics. You’ll recommend industry best practices to define and govern program-wide business and development processes. You’ll drive a comprehensive strategy in collaboration with other team leaders to build a dynamic, agile organization that can respond quickly to ad hoc demands while maintaining the necessary quality levels. You’ll institute strategic approaches and advise customers in overcoming their most difficult challenges, accomplishing mission objectives through program objectives. You’ll identify, highlight, and manage risk to successful outcomes from firm and client perspectives. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
-5+ years of experience with IT or network security
-3+ years of experience with designing, implementing, configuring, and operating IT systems or security infrastructure
-Experience with hands-on technical project delivery with internal and external clients covering the full project lifecycle
-Experience with leading and managing multiple complex client relationships and being the primary technical liaison between the customer and internal teams
-Knowledge of network monitoring and reporting tools, including Forescout, BigFix, Tenable, Splunk, and Elastic
-Ability to manage and monitor installed systems and quickly diagnose, troubleshoot, and route incidents according to severity
-Ability to obtain a security clearance
Nice If You Have:
-Experience with working in large federal agency environments
-Experience with one or more Cyber technologies
-Knowledge of federal information security policies, standards, procedures, directives, frameworks, federal security authorizations, assessment, and risk management processes for enterprise systems
-Possession of excellent analytic and communication skills
-Bachelor’s degree in IT Security, Engineering, or a related field
-CISSP, Red Hat, ForeScout, Splunk, or a related certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $120,000 to $145,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.