Are you ready to take an active role in cyber defense? Are you looking for an opportunity to protect critical infrastructure from the constant onslaught of cyber attacks? If you want to sharpen your skills by analyzing threats real-time, you want to be a Tier 2 SOC analyst.
As an analyst on our SOC team, you’ll monitor and analyze threats, using state-of-the-art tools. You’ll work with the team to understand, mitigate, and respond to threats quickly, restoring operations and limiting the impact. You’ll analyze incidents to figure out just how many systems are affected and assist recovery efforts. You’ll combine threat intelligence, event data, and assessments from recent events, and identify patterns to understand attackers’ goals to stop them from succeeding. This is a great opportunity to build your cybersecurity skills with hands on experience in threat assessment and incident response. Join us as we protect critical infrastructure from malicious actors. This position is open to temporary remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Empower change with us.
- 4+ years of experience in Network/data analysis, packet capture analysis, malware detection, custom intrusion signature development, advanced information assurance
- Knowledge of front-end collection systems, including traffic collection, filtering, and selection
- Knowledge of cyber defense and information security policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of the common attack vectors on the network layer
- Knowledge of different classes of attacks, including passive, active, insider, close-in, distribution attacks
- Knowledge of various types of network communication, including LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN, WWAN
- Knowledge of file extensions, including .dll, .bat, .zip, .pcap, .gzip
- Ability to interpret the information collected by network tools, including Nslookup, Ping, and Traceroute
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience in detecting host and network based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies, including Snort
- Experience reading and interpreting signatures, including snort
- Experience with assessing security controls based on cybersecurity principles and tenets, including CIS CSC, NIST SP 800-53, and Cybersecurity Framework
- Knowledge in determining how a security system should work, including resilience and dependability capabilities and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes
- Ability to analyze malware and conduct vulnerability scans and recognize vulnerabilities in security systems
- Ability to accurately and completely source all data used in intelligence, assessment and planning products
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements, including relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation
- Possession of written and verbal communication skills
- Certifications addressing incident handling, including identification, overview, and preparation buffer overflow, client attacks, covering tacks networks, systems, denial of service attaches, incident handing, including containment, eradication, recovery, and lessons learned, network attacks, password attacks, reconnaissance, scanning, such as discovery and mapping, techniques and defense, session hijacking and cache poisoning, techniques for maintaining access, web applications attacks, worms, bots, and bot-nets
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $70,000 to $73,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.