As we work to leverage cutting edge technologies to change the future of healthcare, we need exceptional people to protect Babylon’s critical infrastructure, services and customers. Accordingly in this role you are the pioneer for Babylon's SIEM environment as it pertains to the SIEM strategy, data onboarding, automation, developing and tuning of cyber detection capabilities. You will be the SME for all things Splunk and security monitoring capabilities.
- You will drive the onboarding of new application and platform logs partnering technology engineering teams.
- You will strive to continuously innovate capabilities to detect cybersecurity threats & integrate into the SOC.
- You will automate tirelessly to empower fellow SOC Babylonians
- You will provide mentorship for candidates looking to dive into security content development
- You will ensure operational excellence through robust documentation to support SIEM platform
- As part of a dedicated team, participation in an on-call rotation may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working on large deployments of Splunk Cloud and Enterprise Security
- Hands-on experience onboarding data to Splunk
- Experience developing threat detection use cases in Splunk with SPL
- Splunk Certifications in any of the following: Certified Admin, Certified Architect, or Enterprise Security Certified Admin
- Unix or Linux based scripting language (i.e Python)
- You have proven experience as a SOC Analyst, Security Content Developer and/or Security Engineer
- Experience working in a cloud-native environment (AWS, GCP, k8s, SaaS)
WHAT WE OFFER Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE AREWe are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLONWe believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.