Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm values information security as being critical to the company’s continued success. Our mission is to make information security programmatic and cultural in Affirm, enabling the company to succeed in building honest financial products. The Security team posture increases security and reduces risk while securely enabling access to information for those who need it!
The Security Analyst candidate will have experience triaging information security alerts, improving incident response processes, crafting detection rules, and automating repetitive tasks. The candidate must also have a strong interest in security, a drive to learn, and the tenacity to tackle challenging problems.
Are you ready to help protect data at Affirm?
What You'll Do
- Tier II support for security investigations (capture additional details, perform further analysis, determine impact, etc.)
- Identify and automate repetitive tasks
- Perform incident response, incident investigations, and continuously improve monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Work closely with teammates to effectively test, tune, and deploy security controls that are scalable and improve detection and response.
- Develop and improve internal security procedures and documentation (i.e. runbooks), used for day-to-day security operations.
- Research and understand emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and their countermeasures.
What We Look For
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
- 1+ years of professional experience using a SIEM in an enterprise environment. Extra points for Elastic SIEM experience!
- 1+ years of system administration experience (Linux and Mac)
- Software development experience, using Python.
- Hands-on experience running container-based infrastructure.
- Basic understanding of Developer Best Practices using source code version control encouraged (e.g. GitHub etc)
- Foundational knowledge of and passion for cybersecurity
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Relevant security certifications are a plus (OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, GCFA, Security+, CEH, etc.)
Check out our remote-first approach
to learn more about the new ways we work.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.