Cyber Security Instructor
Are you passionate about technology and driven to not only learn but teach about your skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a way to utilize your expertise to change the lives on individuals seeking to break into the Cyber Security world? Do you want to have access to the most cutting-edge and fully-vetted cyber security and technology curriculum? If so, let us introduce you to HackerU, our global Cyber Security Education company!
We are looking for Cyber Security Instructors to join us. You will act as an on-site instructor and as point of contact with the operations team . As part of your position, you will teach Cyber & Network Security with a focus on preparing students to build the skills and knowledge base to take and pass certification exams such as the CompTIA Network+, (ISC)2 SSCP, CompTIA Security +, and CCNA.
Who You Are
Our ideal candidate must be highly experienced in Cyber Security theory and application. This person must be passionate about Cyber Security and even more dedicated to giving our students the highest quality education and training required to land entry-level Cyber jobs upon graduation from the program. This person must have the above-mentioned certifications and management background, experience in curriculum development, methodology, content, and delivery of interactive, facilitation-based training utilizing multiple teaching platforms including classroom, web-based, hands-on, and self-directed instruction.
Our Requirements and Your Experience
· Minimum 2 years to 3 years experience working in the IT/Dev-Ops/Development Field with proven background in SOC/as a Ciso, plus 1+ year(s) experience teaching, facilitating, and instructing the training of adults required.
· Ability to teach in a highly interactive and engaging style, and to analyze and synthesize complex technical information and present it simply and clearly.
· Experience in educational materials development – A Plus!
· Knowledge of security techniques and information systems controls to secure an enterprise infrastructure. Deep experience with cyber security in the domains of cyber threat intelligence and analysis, security monitoring and Incident Response.
· Familiarity with latest security vulnerabilities, advisories, incidents, penetration techniques, understanding of attacks, and determination of countermeasures.
· Skills and experience in firewall administration, network intrusion detection system (IDS) administration, Active Directory and Group Policy Objects, Anti-virus administration consoles, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, Microsoft Windows operating systems and Windows 7/8/10/Server 2012, Linux operating systems and advanced cyber security toolkits, malware analysis, penetration testing, and digital forensics tools, vulnerabilities, and hardening across multiple layers.
· Knowledge of various DDoS attack types (UDP/ICMP Flood, SYN Flood, HTTP Get Flood, TCP Connection Attack, TCP Flag-based Attacks), Brute Force techniques along with intrusion/detection systems - a huge plus.
· Familiar with common security measures such as Network Access Control, Device Control, Whitening Solutions, Mail Relay, Endpoint Protection Solutions. Must have experience in SOC/NOC environment.
· Experience in Infrastructure, IR/DR, Social Engineering, Cryptography, Regulatory Compliance.
· Proven skills with TCP/IP, LAN and WAN networking. Strong packet analysis knowledge.
· Knowledge of designing and implementing core application services including Network Time Protocol (NTP), Domain Name System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
· Expertise in analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems in support of router/switches, firewalls, and wireless.
Required Education, Certificates/Licenses
· C|EH, OSCP, CISSP, SSCP, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA
· Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field
· Master’s (Advantage)
Your Success is our Success
If you are an exceptional team player who is ready to break down walls and forge into uncharted territories with a team of ambitious, passionate and like-minded individuals, then this role and this company is for you! Self-starters with a “deploy on day one” mindset who have the confidence and ability to bring substantial value to the organization on an immediate and continued basis are the perfect match for us. We are a team dedicated to changing-lives with a work hard – play hard attitude, who value individual contributions towards the collective goal and we cannot wait to meet the next member of our team!
Job Type: Part-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week: