Corel is all about breaking convention to achieve exceptional things. We’re the people behind the world’s leading software and we’re obsessed with finding new ways to harness the creativity of our customers and our employees. We’re a talented, eclectic, and eccentric group that makes coming to work every day worth your while. This is not your typical tech team. We also have a healthy respect for work-life balance – so you can leave work at work.
- Assess, modify, enhance and develop the enterprise strategy for information security and compliance in partnership with peers and business leaders, creating short and long-term initiatives that support business objectives that mitigate company risk and protect data security.
- Lead the Information Security and Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance teams and external vendors and service providers to ensure that the disciplines, protections, and procedures are in place to secure organizational systems and data.
- Advise Corel technology and Global Business operations leadership teams related to information security and compliance strategy and insights. Leverage established industry expertise and external network to inform recommendations and best practices.
- Manage and allocate multi-million-dollar capital and expense budgets, developing and enforcing security programs and processes related to vulnerability management, incident response, associate awareness, testing, and secure coding.
- Ensure there are network and data safeguards across all parts of our organization while overseeing ongoing risk assessments, incident responses, risk remediation efforts, and implementing measures to drive security feature/control development.
- Manage organizational security policies and procedures to ensure ongoing security and regulatory compliance in all technology areas.
- In partnership with Business Leaders and HR communications, develop and communicate security awareness and training programs that provide for associates' ongoing education in all business disciplines.
- Determine appropriate resources to build the Information Security and Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance teams.
- Focus on developing and engaging strong independent teams who take ownership and responsibility for their areas and deliverables and regularly achieve goals.
- Monitor and provide continual feedback to associates regarding job results through in the moment coaching.
- Enforce security best practices
- 7+ years of expertise and experience in cyber and data security technologies, platforms and strategies with enterprise-wide scope for a comparable size organization
- 5+ years of experience leading teams
- Strong knowledge of information security, data governance, risk management, and compliance best practices, forward thinker and active observer of trends across industries – expert knowledge of mobile and digital industry standards
- A dynamic leader with demonstrated success and experience leading the development, implementation, and change management of a comprehensive data security program at an enterprise level
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, develop strong partnerships, and deliver board-level presentations that outline the ongoing status of operational activities and strategic initiatives
- Strong sense of EQ and ability to strategically influence throughout an organization
- The ability to influence cross-functionally through relationship building at all levels
- A balance of intellectual curiosity, creative thinking, and pragmatism
- Ability to balance between strategic and tactical within a fast-paced environment; prioritizing initiatives and resources accordingly
- Strong knowledge about NIST, ISO 27001, SOX, and SOC2
- In-depth knowledge about Cloud and on Prem security controls
- Excellent knowledge SSO and IAM systems
- Extensive knowledge about Security Architecture
Corel products enable millions of connected knowledge workers around the world to do great work faster. Offering some of the industry's best-known software brands, we give individuals and teams the power to create, collaborate, and deliver impressive results. Our success is driven by an unwavering commitment to deliver a broad portfolio of innovative applications – including CorelDRAW®, MindManager®, Parallels®, and WinZip® – to inspire users and help them achieve their goals.
It is the policy and practice of the Company to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other protected characteristic.