FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in cyber security expertise and has earned the trust of security professionals and company executives around the world. Our unique combination of renowned frontline experience, nation-state grade threat intelligence, machine intelligence, and the industry's best security validation ensures that FireEye knows more about today's advanced threats than anyone. Mandiant partners with Federal Governments across the globe to protect their national security interests, guarding nation-state secrets, and defending critical infrastructure from cyber-attacks. Our experience has provided us with a unique understanding of the challenges Federal Governments face, and we systematically align our solution and product development cycles to meet their needs. FireEye Mandiant isn’t just focused on one threat vector or adversary type. We counter all evolving cyber threats facing public and private sector organizations around the globe.
A successful FireEye/Mandiant Red Team manager should possess a deep understanding of both information security and computer science and have experience leading a team of highly technical red teamers. They should understand advanced Red Team concepts such as performing covert operations against complex networks while remaining entirely undetected, advanced application manipulation, and basic programming concepts. FireEye/Mandiant Red Team managers are expected to be as technical as the consultants they manage and will assist on the most difficult engagements. A typical engagement could be breaking into a segmented secure zone at a Fortune 500 bank, reverse engineering an application and encryption method in order to gain access to sensitive data, all without being detected. If you can operate at scale while remaining stealthy, identify and abuse misconfigurations in network infrastructure, and manage a team of highly skilled, technical individuals, then this is the job for you.
FireEye/Mandiant Red Team managers are the lead project managers for all offensive engagements. This includes scoping prospective engagements, managing team metrics, establishing quarterly goals team growth, conducting performance reviews and 1:1 meetings, scheduling resources for projects, managing multiple projects from kickoff to completion, and delivering executive out-briefs. Managers are vital to the project lifecycle and must be able to deliver successful projects with little to no oversight.
At FireEye, you’ll be working and managing some of the best experts in the industry and faced with complex problem-solving opportunities daily. We help our clients protect their most sensitive and valuable data through comprehensive and real-world assessments. The objective doesn’t end at gaining “domain admin” or “root”; this is expected and is only a means to an objective.
You are expected to quickly assimilate new information as you will face new client environments on a weekly or monthly basis. You will be expected to understand all the threat vectors to each environment and properly assess them. You will get to work with and manage some of the best red teamers in the industry, causing you to develop new skills as you progress through your career. Are you up to the challenge?
- Manage consulting engagements, with a focus on advanced Red Team operations and penetration tests. Provide both subject matter expertise and project management experience to serve as the “point person” for engagements
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience leading or managing technical teams
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements, participating in engagements from kickoff through completion, and mentoring less experienced staff
- Polished presentation skills, to include capabilities at technical, executive, and board levels
- Identify, market, and develop new and pull-through business opportunities
- Articulate FireEye & Mandiant’s combined capabilities in marketing discussions, proposal efforts, and capability briefings
- Supervise staff, provide feedback and coaching, and grow their technical and consulting skills
- Improve Mandiant’s business processes and red team methodologies.
- 5-8 years experience in at least three (3) of the following:
- Network penetration testing and manipulation of network infrastructure
- Mobile and/or web application assessments
- Email, phone, or physical social-engineering assessments
- Shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Developing, extending, or modifying exploits, shellcode or exploit tools
- Developing applications in C#, ASP, .NET, ObjectiveC, Go, or Java (J2EE)
- Reverse engineering malware, data obfuscators, or ciphers
- Source code review for control flow and security flaws
- Strong knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels
- Mastery of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including bash and Powershell
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Gov't Clearance
- Ability to manage multiple projects and manage tight deadline
- Prior training and public speaking engagement experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
- Ability to prepare and review customized contracts for security consulting services
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks, and lead junior staff when required
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.