About the role:
- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
Security Engineer will play a crucial role in guiding, maturing, and continuously improving our enterprise-wide security services and zero trust architecture program to ensure our business, systems, and data are well-protected. The primary way to describe what an infrastructure security engineer will focus on is "Hardening Everything!" This means ensuring that all enterprise nodes (e.g., firewall, routers, servers, workstations, etc.), third-party applications, and services (e.g., Slack, O365, cloud, apps install onto systems, etc.), 1010data’s applications, and hardening of the cloud, are in compliance regulations and security best practices for configuration setup and rule creation point of view.
As a hands-on security engineer, you will be responsible for projects and tasks. We are looking for deep expertise in the following focus areas: application security, cloud security, network security, virtualization security, security solutioning, security engineering, and identity & access management. You will need to bring strong technical capabilities and work in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. THIS IS A CONTRACT TO FT HIRE POSITION.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
What you already have:
- This security engineer will focus on hardening and revaluating periodically (e.g., monthly or quarterly vulnerability scanning, baseline reviews/creation, security rule checks, feature inspection, etc.). Thus, coordinating with software developers, networking, server, cloud architects, site reliability engineers, and compute team members to audit services, nodes, and systems to ensure they are hardened in accordance with corporate policies is key to the success of this role.
- Collaboratively work with 1010data personnel to audit, plan, and implement security solutions and services that would be the control/s to reduce risk and close gaps.
- Responsible for engineering data security, privacy, and compliance controls, solutions, and services throughout the data security lifecycle for environments.
- Have an advanced understanding of security, cloud security in Amazon Web Services and Azure, security infrastructure, networking, application security best practices, and excellent security knowledge between layers 1 to 7 of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI)
- 3+ years of experience in security infrastructure, application security, network security, cloud security, or some combination of engineering security throughout layers 1 to 7.
- Must be well versed in network security, cloud security, and other related security engineering areas that would apply to a security engineer.
- Must be capable of becoming 1010data’s subject matter expert on the security configuration and feature selection of standard tools, nodes, and services (e.g., Tenable, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Dome9, web application firewalls, Office 365, MacOS)
- Ability to engineer and implement security concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth, zero trust, etc.).
- Continuous learner relative to everything security.
- Excellent combination of related security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CCSK, CCSP, etc.), security/IT degree B.S. or higher, and experience.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and exceptional analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with Application Security, Microsoft Azure, AWS, PAN NGFW, Okta, and OS 365 cloud services or similar products or services.
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.